Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby Checkup

Today I went with Mommy and Daddy for a baby checkup. We got to see the baby on the ultrasound and she is growing just right. Her measurements are great and she is up to 1 pound, 11 ounces. I asked lots of questions and was especially interested in hearing the heartbeat. I asked them how they could do it without using a stethoscope. The nurse-midwife explained the different kind of tool she was using. After I watched for a bit I told her I would call it a "tummy monitor." She was quite impressed with me. She asked me how old I was and was surprised when I told her "I'm 2 and a half." She told Mommy she thought I was a petite 3 1/2 year old because of my vocabulary and the smart connections I make.


Here I am chatting with the sonographer during the ultrasound:







A couple of ultrasound pics:



Reading in the Waiting Room - I found a really fun "Little People" book!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

You never cease to amaze me, Annabelle! What wonderful things you're going to be able to teach your little sister. You're going to be a super-duper big sister! Love you lots.

Jerri said...

I love the videos and so does Zoe! We finally had a chance to watch them and Annabelle is so smart! Really looking forward to meeting our new little girl.

Jerri said...

Zoe likes to listen to Annabelle read stories.

katigram said...

I'm beginning to wonder if Annabelle will actually read books or just skip right on to the life of an author. The story she "reads" seems like it's a lot more fun than the story in the book.