Monday, May 5, 2008

The I Love You Sign

Every morning when it's time for Mommy to go to school I stand in the window with TFMM (The Fabulous Miss Maryann) and wave to her. Mommy waves and waves and does the "I LOVE YOU" sign and waves some more. I am always happy as I wave back and send Mommy off to work.

Well the other day when I knew Mommy was just about to arrive to pick me up I was standing in the window all by myself (okay, TTFM was right next to me but she was in between the two front windows so Mommy could only see me). When I saw Mommy pull in the driveway I got a huge smile on my face and started to laugh. Mommy almost burst into tears at the sweet sight of me, but she smiled and waved and smiled and waved some more. Then...she did the I LOVE YOU sign. I burst into tears! "Oh no," I thought, "that's what she does when she's LEAVING ME!" [Is this really what I thought or is Mommy just projecting? I guess you'll never know for sure!]

2 comments:

Melissa said...

She gets cuter every day!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a story. Annabelle, I'm sure Mommy is sometimes so busy that even she doesn't know if she's coming or going - but I'll just bet she comes to pick you up "quick as a wink"! I'm so glad you have TFMM!! Love you lots, Gram Marie