Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Fun at the Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday we enjoyed a fun trip to Wickham Farms to pick out the perfect pumpkin. We ended up choosing two - one BIG one for Daddy to carve for me, and a cute little one just the right size for me to play with. While we were at the farm, I got to ride the kiddie train, get pulled around in a wagon through the pumpkin patch, and even go on a hay ride (which was actually a straw ride). We saw some chickens gobbling up their corn, looked at some neat jack-o-lanterns all lit up inside a little shack, and ended our trip with a yummy homemade rainbow chip cookie. What a fun time! Here are some pictures and videos for you to enjoy!


The Kiddie Train!





Wagon Ride around the Pumpkin Patch





Visiting the hungry chickens


The jack-o-lantern shack






The Hay Ride!


Notice the corn stalk I carried around most of the day - I even took it home with me!




We saw the Three Little Pigs' Houses in the field!




We shared a yummy, giant cookie on the way home...I ate most of it!




Notice how perfectly the background music fits the moment!



Finally, here I am at home later in the day, enjoying some quality time with my pumpkins.




4 comments:

Jerri said...

annabelle, you are so much fun! that pumpkin patch looked like a blast, especially where they had all the pumpkins lit up for you to see. and, of course, you're the cutest little pumpkin of all and you were so coordinated with your orange nuk! how cute! i love you!

katigram said...

You and your Mommy and Daddy know how to have so much fun every weekend. You live in a wonderful place for a little girl to grow up--just one terrific thing to do after another and another! You have very good taste in pumpkins, I must say and you are big enough to carry pumpkins all around the house. Wow! Grampa and I like to walk in nature too and seeing you playing outside every day makes us very happy for you. If you were here right now, we could make a great big leaf pile for you! We miss you Miss Belle!

Jeff and Kathy said...

That looks like such a fun place to visit. And I must say you are the best pumpkin picker that I have ever seen. Are you and daddy going to make a jack o'lantern out of that big pumpkin you picked? And it brought back some very special memories, seeing mommy pull you in the wagon. That's what you were doing a year ago at our wedding. Still the cutest little girl. We miss you all and hope we can see you real soon.

Ellen Monroe said...

Ths Pumpkin patch looks like it was so much fun! You picked out 2 great pumpkins. I can't wait to see how well you and Daddy carve the big one. I want to see how well you like the insides of the pumpkin.