Friday, November 13, 2009

The Story of My Breakfast

This morning I asked Mommy for some "flake cereal with milk in a grown-up bowl, please." Then I noticed Mommy cut up some banana to put on her cereal, so I asked her if she could cut up my banana and put it in my cereal too. I ate the whole bowl and asked for "more flakes and more milk, please" and then said "thank you Mommy" when she gave it to me. Mommy told me she liked my nice manners, and I told her "I like your nice manners too, Mommy! You're not mean!" When I was almost done with my second bowl, Mommy was doing the dishes and Daddy was finishing his coffee at the table with me and this is what they heard: "Come on, guys! These flakes are not cooperating! They are not cooperating for me to pick them up!" Daddy suggested I grab the last few flakes with my fingers, so I did and then I yelled "I DID IT!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Manners and the vocabulary of one so much older than you, sweet Annabelle! And for such a little person, you have such a good heart. How thoughtful you are! Love you lots - GramMarie

katigram said...

These flakes are not cooperating with me! Now that's a line for the ages. We will be quoting Annabelle at work for years to come--not for her intended meaning, but words do have a way of adapting to any situation.

Doesn't every mommy want to hear "mommy, you're not mean!" Mommy will be reminding annabelle of that in about ten years, I'm sure.

Jerri said...

Oh my goodness! Way too cute. Grown up milk, cereal, and a grown up bowl. A grown up girl. Can't wait to see you soon!