Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is it my "first" word, or not?

Well of course you know I say "Mama" and "Dada" all the time. And there are those who are sure I have been saying "hi" as well. But the most recent vocabulary debate in our house is all about Mr. Balloon. Mr. Balloon is the Happy Birthday balloon I surprised Mommy with at school on her birthday. Ever since we brought it home it has been one of my favorite things to play with.

(Note from Mommy and Daddy - of course we know balloons aren't the safest baby toys and Annabelle is highly supervised whilst enjoying her new pal).

Anyway, back to my story. I like to crawl around holding on to Mr. Balloon's string so he bounces along behind me. I like to look up at him as he flies up to the ceiling. When Daddy says "Annabelle, where's Mr. Balloon?" I look up in the air to try to find him. But one day Daddy told Mommy that we better get a new Mr. Balloon since the original is deflating. So when Mommy and I went out grocery shopping on Sunday, we bought Mr. Balloon # 2. It is a football shaped NY Giants balloon and I am sure that I brought the Super Bowl winners good luck by playing with Mr. Balloon # 2 all day on Sunday.

Now I bet you are wondering about the vocabulary debate. Well, here it is. I have been hearing the word "balloon" a lot lately and Mommy and Daddy are pretty sure I am trying to say it too. Except when I say "balloon" it comes out "labloo." So they can't decide whether or not it is REALLY my first official word (besides Mama and Dada). Would you please write some comments and help me convince them that I know what I'm talking about?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Annabelle -
Of course you know what you're talking about!!! You have been hearing the word "balloon" and have decided that it would be a fun word to start with. You also hear, "I love you" over and over and I think that new phrase sounds very similar to that also. Keep on talking - they'll catch on soon! You're the very youngest GIANT Fan I know. Love you lots, GramMarie

PS - Have you noticed that Gram can't get into her account. I've tried and tried, but I am doing something wrong. So, I'll be ANONYMOUS for awhile.

katigram said...

Labloo...sounds an awful like alaloo, which was I love you, in baby JoAnna speak, and baby Jerri speak and baby Ross speak at that age. Well, baby JoAnna tried not to speak until she was much older but her brother and sister sure said alaloo all the time. Sooo, I might have to side with gramarie on this one. I thought I heard alaloo in the tub video, as I think I mentioned to your mommy. Any, Annabelle, labloo you too, very, very much!