Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Tale of Two Babies (or, believe it or not, you really will miss that newborn baby cry!)

This week I took my mom to Babies-R-Us to get some goodies. I picked out my own toy for the first time. We were wheeling past a display and I reached out and grabbed a "Take-a-Long Taggies" toy. Of course Mommy had to buy it for me, since I picked it out myself! Mostly I just loved chewing on the price tag while we were shopping. But Mommy was happy to see that I still enjoy playing with it even though she cut off the tags.

My new Take-a-Long Taggies toy!


While we were in the check out line we heard a baby crying behind us. Mommy says it was the "unmistakable newborn baby cry." When I was two weeks old a nurse told my mom and dad that they would miss that sound someday; Mommy thought she was crazy! But as soon as Mommy heard that sound in the store she realized that lady was right - she does miss my newborn baby cry! She looked at the tiny 3-week old crying baby and she couldn't believe how much I have changed since I was just 3 weeks old. I think it made her a little sad but mostly she is just so happy to watch me grow and change and learn new tricks every day!
Here I am when I was about 3 weeks old...

And look at me now!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

Uncle Mark is having fun catching up on your most recent blog posts. He hadn't seen some in awhile. Now he's back and in action with it. We are so glad you blog about our little niece, as it makes us feel closer to her. She is beautiful!
Love, Aunt Jerri and Uncle Mark