Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Best Daddy in the Land!

Today I celebrated a very special Father's Day with my very special daddy. He is the best daddy in the land and I love him so! Mommy and I planned some fun outings and surprises for Daddy's special day. I got a new outfit for the occasion, including my first ever pair of sandals. While Daddy was sleeping in I practiced walking in them just to make sure they worked!

Mommy and I started four special Father's Day Traditions.
1 - Extra Special Breakfast (out or in) - this morning we went to Denny's. Daddy loves their pancakes and Mommy loves their omelets. I shared some of both of their meals!
2 - Annual Father's Day Coupon Book - this year we kicked it off with a book of Pizza Coupons good for one pizza a month at some of Daddy's favorite joints. The book was extra special because it featured my FIRST EVER coloring! And speaking of pizza, last night I tried some pizza for the second time -- I tried it a few weeks ago and I didn't like it, but last night Mommy gave me a little nibble and I said "MMMMM!!" is a really cute high-pitched little girlie voice. I think pizza is my new favorite food! Daddy, start using those coupons!
3 - Annabelle's Annual Book Pick - every year I get to choose a new book to add to my collection, one that I will especially enjoy reading with Daddy. This year's choice was a book called My Daddy and Me about a baby bear and Daddy bear and all of their fun adventures in nature. It's perfect for me and Daddy because we both love nature and we love each other so much, just like the bears in my story.
4 - Annual Scrapbook Addition - Mommy will add a special Daddy and Annabelle page to my scrapbook every year. This year she had to add two to get caught up, because she didn't do any scrapbooking last year when I was tiny.

2007 Page

2008 Page

Here we are taking Daddy out for a yummy breakfast...


Then we went to the book store...

Check me out walking so fast in my new sandals!



And we spent lots of time playing outside! This is my first time wearing my sparkly fish bathing suit that Grammy Katie gave me for my birthday!




What a fun day. I love you Daddy!

Happy Father's Day to Grampa Larry and Papa Ron, too!

4 comments:

Joel said...

Thanks so much to you and Mommy, Annabelle, for making our second Father's Day so fun and special! The whole weekend was fun, as usual. It feels like it's been summer forever, but vacation is still not even here yet! This is just the beginning of one of our many fabulous summers together with you -- oh how fun it's going to be with you walking and running all over the yard and woods, and wherever our adventures with you take us, Annabelly!

Love,

The Luckiest Daddy in the World

Unknown said...

A walker and bathing beauty! How you go, Annabelle. Gramps and I love hearing you "talk". When I see you walking (almost running), I can see your Daddy at that age - he had only one speed - FAST! What wonderful days ahead for you, Mommy and Daddy. An action-packed, fun-filled summer is right around the corner! Enjoy! Love you lots - GramMarie

Jerri said...

What fun! I love the walking videos so much. And you top everyone out with all your preparations for father's day! That's awesome. We had a great day, too. Will have to post soon. Love you! Jerri

katigram said...

Well, Annabelle, you and Mommy really made the day special didn't you. I want to go to breakfast and the bookstore with you too! Your bookstore has inpsired me with such a fun idea...wait til you see what I'm going to do! You look very lovely in your fish suit...who knew when I found that bathing suit that you would love fish so much...makes it all the more wonderful to see that fish wrapped around your little belly! By the way, were you calling your Daddy when you were opening the door to your little house? It sure sounded like it to me. When you talk to your Daddy today, will you please thank him for making us all so very happy by coming up with the very 'idea' of Annabelle. Tell him 'thanks Olie-olie-olie' from me and from Pappa for being such a good Daddy to you!