Thursday, June 5, 2008

Truly a Toddler

This week I started walking FOR REAL! Not just a couple of steps here and there, but truly toddling around on my own two feet. I was so thoughtful, I waited until Mommy and Daddy could both watch me take off! When we got home from school on Monday I wanted to go straight outside to play. Daddy set up my play area and as soon as Mommy set me down on the patio I was off!

Here is a very short video clip of me walking in Mommy's classroom today. I decided to carry a couple of pointers around on my jaunt.


In this clip I was walking at first, but by the time Mommy got the camera going I flopped on the floor and started crawling instead. Mostly with this one I just wanted to show you my head bow, still going strong! I use it as a greeting and also to answer questions. Like, ask me if I am a good girl, and I'll give you my special nod to answer YES!



Now I'm crawling in this clip but you should listen for "Aunt Traci" in the background to tell Mommy how coordinated I am. That's because I was walking and crawling around carrying two pieces of chalk in one hand and one piece of chalk in the other. I held on to my precious chalk on my journey the whole way around the school. After I left Mommy carried them around in her pocket for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

~hilary~ said...

Woohoo!! So happy you are walking now!! Look out Mommy and Daddy!!!

katigram said...

Look at you go girl...I remember great grammuner chasing around after your Mommy and Aunt and Uncle when they were just your size...She was in her 70's and she would walk so fast, bent right over with her hands stretched out behind them just in case they needed a "catch". Oh how fast you are moving...upright and otherwise. When I think back, I realize that I had lots of help from grammuner and gramamary to help watch over them when they were getting to their feet and taking off like you are now. Mommy and Daddy are going to be very tired at the end of every day this summer...but it is going to be a summer to remember!
Annabelle is on the mooooooove!

Jerri said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see this in person at a full clip in August. You'll probably be running at that point! Love you!

Unknown said...

Wow, Annabelle, now the FUN begins!
You'll keep Mommy and Daddy on their toes from now on - and they will be with you every step of the way. You are such a HAPPY baby - so beautiful and smart too! Keep on truckin', sweetie. Love you lots - GramMarie