Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Fun Morning at Powder Mills Park

This morning Mommy and Daddy and I took our first trip to Powder Mills Park. It is the home of a fish hatchery and we got to see lots of trout. They were really hungry so we fed them tasty treats from the special fish food machines. We also saw a great blue heron (he even jumped in the pond right in front of us and grabbed a trout and swallowed it whole!), some geese with their baby goslings, and a mallard.


The heron
One family of geese

Daddy and I watch the geeseLook!

Next stop...feed the trout!
And now for some video clips!

Here I am checking out the geese - I liked the noisy pair across the road the best!


Here I am with my new friend the mallard!


This is when we got to feed the hungry trout. They jumped so high out of the water to grab the bits of food that they splashed me!


Here come the BIG trout!


And this is me walking back to the van to go home. I was walking a lot before Daddy had a chance to turn the camera on. The video just catches the last few steps.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Annabelle - what a great day you had with Daddy and Mommy! I think they had just as much fun as you did! You are becoming an "outdoor kid" and you are going to have so many fund adventures! I thought you were going to throw your cup to the trout! Love you lots - GramMarie

Joel said...

Title of Day:

The June the First, Two-thousand and Eight Epic Adventure with Wildlife, Nature, and Such Sunday Breakfast Getaway: Part I of a Super Epic Saga: The Precursor to the Pre-Three-Weeks Before-The-Beginning-of-THE-MOST- Fabulous-Summer-Vacation Post-May Thirteen-and-a-half Month Birtday-Celabration for the Most-Beautiful-Little-Baby-Girl-Ever . . . Annabelle Maia Sero: The Beginning"

Yes, we are finding that Annabelle loves the outdoors and exploring nature more than anything else; we are absolutely overjoyed by this development, because this is one thing that we'd (JoAnna and I) hoped for. And what more could we hope for on this, Annabelle's first June as a toddler! Hmmm...that's a "first" that I should have added to the title!

katigram said...

You are going to have the best summer EVER. Look how much fun you are already having with Mommy and Daddy. I would really like to go to that park with you some day and see the fish jumping! And, I'd really like to play in the yard with you again soon. I miss you Miss Belle.