Sunday, January 13, 2008

Book-Loving Baby

I LOVE books! They are one of my favorite things to play with. I love to hold them and turn the pages and pretend I am reading them. One time I was having trouble turning the page in one of my board books, and Mommy turned it for me. WELL! That just wouldn't do! I slammed the book shut and opened it again by myself. I am a really good reader and I love my books. And here's a secret...I love to EAT them! They are really tasty. But don't tell Mommy and Daddy because they always tell me not to eat my books. I don't get it! I eat all of my other toys! Here I am enjoying some of my books:






































For Christmas Grammy Katie sent me a really cool book called Who's That Baby? New Baby Songs by Sharon Creech and David Diaz. This "new baby song" must have been written just for me:

Books

They plop me on their laps
and open up the books
and read-read-read
in up-and-down voices.

I have no idea
what they are saying
but I like the sounds
of their up-and-down voices.

And I love the swirly pictures
which I try to touch
and lick

but they tell me
I should not
eat
the book.

3 comments:

katigram said...

I just knew you would love that song. The other one that made me think of you and your mommy, of course, was the one about taking pictures! It is so special for a grammy far away to have such a wonderful "birdie's" eye view of your life at home and out and about with your mommy and daddy. I hope you and mommy had fun celebrating daddy's birthday with him...you are a very fortunate daughter, indeed, to have your daddy. When you were born, as soon as he spoke to you, you stopped crying..his voice was the very first thing to soothe you until mommy began to sing happy birthday to you. Speaking of your daddy, didn't you just love the page in that song book about daddy playing his guitar for you? That song seemed to be written just for you and for him.

JoAnna said...

Shhh...don't spoil the surprise, Grammy...that guitar song/poem is the subject of an upcoming blog entry. Just awaiting current photos of me and Daddy JAMMIN'!

Jerri said...

what a bibliophile baby! i just love her!