Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma!

So I've been saying "Mama" for a long time, but it seems that now I am really starting to understand its power. Yesterday Mommy had to go to a meeting after school, which meant an exciting new event: Daddy picked me up at the babysitter's house for the first time! Daddy took me home for playtime and supper. To prepare for this event Daddy had been feeding me lots of my solid food meals, and he and I had become a good meal-time team.

But last night when it was FOR REAL, and Daddy set me up with yummy cereal, pears, and carrots...I REFUSED TO EAT! I flailed all over the place and kicked my feet and yelled "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma!!!!" Daddy tried and tried but I never would eat for him. A little while later when Mommy got home, I scarfed down my entire (now COLD) supper for her! What a little stinker I am! Today when Mommy told this story to the babysitter, she told Mommy that I have been calling for "Ma-ma-ma-ma" at her house too!

4 comments:

Jerri said...

Absolutely too funny!

katigram said...

If there had ever been any doubt, we now know that you ARE your mother's daughter, Annabelle. Oh how the memories flow when I read these stories.

Jeff and Kathy said...

Annabelle is sure a cutie! Don't worry Joel you are a great father and it's only a matter of time before Annabelle is eating for you too! As I look at Annabelle's pictures (which Uncle Jeff and Aunt Kathy never tire of seeing), I can see both Joel and Joanna in her! We will always be proud of having her take part in her very first wedding! Hugs and Kisses!

Melissa said...

Yes! There is hope! My little stinker loves to make a liar out of me when Dad walks through the door and he is all smiles after a day of needy/crankiness. :-)