Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mommy's Birthday Surprises

Yesterday was Mommy's birthday and it was a day full of wonderful surprises. First, when we got to my fabulous babysitter's house, they had decorated with a Happy Birthday banner and balloons! Next, when Mommy was at school getting ready for her morning kindergarten friends to perform their Pattern Band Show, a knock came at her classroom door...it was a vase full of beautiful flowers from Daddy and me, and Angus and Joe-Joe! After her first class went home, Mommy went to a lunch meeting. The next thing she knew, I came wheeling down the hallway in my stroller with a Happy Birthday balloon around my chubby little wrist. What a great surprise! The fabulous Miss Maryann (babysitter and friend extraordinaire) even brought an ICE CREAM CAKE for Mommy and her teacher friends to eat at their meeting!

Here I am playing with Mommy's birthday balloon today...

But Mommy says the BEST BIRTHDAY SURPRISE of all has been 3 NIGHTS IN A ROW of REALLY GOOD SLEEP! I have slept an hour longer every night: on Wednesday from 7:00 PM - 3:00 AM, on Thursday from 7:00 PM - 4:00 AM, and last night from 7:00 PM - 5:00 AM!!!! Now I sleep so well that Mommy has to keep waking up just to make sure I'm okay!

Love to Mommy from the birthday present you could ever hope for!

2 comments:

Jerri said...

I loved getting a re-cap of what your birthday was like, since I didn't get a chance to talk to you this weekend. I'm so glad it was so much fun! Miss you and happy birthday again!

katigram said...

Had to come to your blog, Annabelle, just to take a little peak at your pictures and thought I would take a moment to say happy birthdays one more time to your mom and dad...this is a very special month of the year for you and always will be. You will be busy in years to come trying to come up with special cards to draw and presents to make for both of your parents...it will be lots of work, but lots of fun for you to make sure to celebrate their birthdays in the very first month of every year from now on. That's a big job for such a little girl, but I know you will do it so very well because you, sweet thing, are the best birthday present of all!