Saturday, March 8, 2008

Standing On My Own Two Feet

This week marked the most recent of my many extraordinary milestones ~ standing alone. I have now done it four times. Mommy never knows if my milestones really "count" the first time I perform them. She has to see me doing them a few times before she believes me.

I also performed another great trick that isn't printed in any baby books but is equally impressive, if not more so. You all know of my penchant for REAL grown-up electronic gadgets (as opposed to the brightly colored yet remarkably unrealistic toy versions). Well today I got ahold of Mommy's cell phone and tried to chew on it. Of course Mama wouldn't let me. So I "cruised" along the love seat and turned around so she couldn't see me and popped her phone back into my mouth. Lest you think this was just a random thing, I performed the same trick again later (remember, Mommy never believes in my amazing skills until she sees me perform them on multiple occasions).

Mommy and Daddy have decided that they are going to get rich by designing baby toys that look like REAL remote controls, cell phones, car keys, etc. instead of the cartoon versions we currently have to put up with. Stop insulting our intelligence, people! We totally know the difference!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Annabelle, darling, as much as we all hate the cartoon version of the keys and cell phones, they are indeed for good reason. You see, if your toys looked like our real gadgets, we sleep-deprived mommies wouldn't know the difference! And I would so not understand why my cell phone would not dial and make the daddy try to fix it. Yes, yes, you will one day understand that the primary color plastic explosion is more for mommies than babies. :-)

Anonymous said...

Annabelle - Standing on your own already? You are truly amazing! Of course, you want grown up things - you know that you can have so much more fun with them. Now....learn to use that cell phone and call me anytime! We can jabber and talk about your amazing feats. Love you lots, precious - Gram Marie

Jerri said...

Holy cow! That is so wonderful! I'm truly excited for you and can't wait to see what you'll do next on your own two feet! Aunt Jerri