Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Baking "Santa Cookies"

Another of our Christmas Eve cooking projects was baking "Santa Cookies." This is my name for frosted cut-out cookies. This is the first time we have baked them in my lifetime, and since we were baking them for Santa, I decided to name them "Santa Cookies."

I tried on my special new apron and chef's hat for the occasion...just a wee bit too big, the apron actually fit Daddy!


First step - mixing the batter...




Next: Rolling out the dough...

Then: Cutting out the cookies...



The first batch out of the oven...

The plan was to frost and decorate the cookies after my nap. But I just couldn't wait that long to have a taste! So Mommy quickly sprinkled some colored sugar on a little one for me to sample.



And now for a video clip recap!













3 comments:

katigram said...

Grandpa and I are watching you bake cookies with Mommy and Daddy in your special chef's clothes and we think you must be having the best holiday ever. He said that it makes him wish he had a mommy and daddy who knew how to make so much fun when he was little!

Unknown said...

So cute!! I like it when you wanted to put your fingers right in the dough! That's the way to go! Sweet. Love you Lots - GramMarie & Grandpa

Jerri said...

I have to admit that Joel looks great in his chef's hat!