Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

Last weekend we enjoyed an annual holiday tradition...picking out the "perfect" Christmas Tree! For the past three years, starting when I was in Mama's tummy, we have bought our tree from a local Boy Scout Troop. Last year I slept through the whole process...



but this year I was an active participant!

Here I am ready to take off on our tree-hunting journey. I am in my "pack-rat stage" and I have to gather a special collection of take-a-longs whenever we leave the house. Note that for this trip I selected my tiny board book version of The Night Before Christmas, among other treasures. I also independently masterminded the blankie "scarf" I'm sporting in this pic.




Trotting along after Daddy, on our way to the tree lot.



At the tree lot...no snow this year!




Helping Daddy pick out the perfect tree...




and playing "peek-a-boo" with one of the Boy Scouts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Another family tradition with Mommy and Daddy - what memories you're building together. Did you end up getting the first tree, Annabelle or did you really mean, "no"? I'll bet that boy scout thought you were a little doll - which, of course, you are!!! Love you lots - GramMarie

katigram said...

Can't wait to see you decorating the tree you finally picked out! I don't know how Mommy and Daddy every did this without you. They are going to have such a great Christmas with you to show them just how it's done this year.

Jerri said...

What cute holiday scenes! Can't wait to see more. Annabelle looks so cute in her outfit and the ensemble she brings along.