Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Out to Dinner on My Birthday

Last Wednesday on my "real" birthday Mommy and Daddy took me out for a fancy dinner at Applebee's. My great friend Traci (Mommy's friend and colleague from school) joined the fun. In honor of the occasion I asked Mommy if I could wear a 'Rella dress (my new way of explaining I want to dress up fancy, like Cinderella) - I chose one of the new dresses Grammy Kati bought for me recently.

The first thing I noticed when we arrived at the restaurant was this horse hanging above one of the booths. I was so excited! I yelled "Horse! Giddy-up!" The horse was fresh in my mind a few minutes later when the waiter came over to see what we wanted to drink. He told me I could have apple juice, milk, or chocolate milk. Here is an exact quote of my response:
"Milk - cow - moo - HORSE! I coffee, please!" On second thought, I decided on the apple juice.

As usual Traci spoiled me with too many fabulous presents. Here I am reading her card to Mommy:

Opening one of the many special gifts from Traci...


My dinner choice: chicken fingers and fries!


They surprised me with a strange but festive birthday chant, and some ICE CREAM!




Back home, excitedly checking out my "loot."

No comments: