Monday, September 28, 2009

Fly Away Mama

Last Thursday Daddy and I dropped Mommy off at the airport for her trip to New York City. She had to go to a training all day on Friday, and then she came home late Friday night, after I went to bed. Daddy and I had a lot of fun while Mommy was gone. After we dropped her off at the airport, I was a little bit sad. I told Daddy it would cheer me up if I could get a kid's meal at the restaurant with the girlie with the ponytails sticking out (aka Wendy's). I had only been there once before, during the drive to Gramma Katie's house in August, but I remembered the girlie from the sign and I wanted to go there again. When we got to Wendy's I liked looking at the sign and I noticed that besides her sticky-out ponytails, she also has freckles on her face! Daddy and I spent almost an hour in Wendy's while I enjoyed every bit of my nuggets and fries.

At bedtime I got to enjoy some very special new library books Mommy had gotten for me that day. My favorite one, which I have asked for every night since, is What's Wrong, Little Pookie? by Sandra Boynton. She is one of my very favorite authors! I love all of her books.

Meanwhile...in the Big Apple...Mommy was busy taking a taxi cab from LaGuardia airport to her hotel. The hotel was WAY far downtown from the part of Manhattan where Mommy used to live, and when she got there she realized she was very close to the World Trade Center. She decided to take a walk to Ground Zero, and she was lucky enough to get there in time to visit the preview site for the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.

I was very excited to hear about Mommy's trip, especially the airplanes and taxicabs. Mommy even brought home a special little taxicab for me to play with. I LUB IT!



See how the doors open up? I only wish I had some tiny people to fit inside of it!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your little taxi! The doors open and I'll bet there are little people out there somewhere. I'm glad you and Daddy had some special time and it helped you not miss Mommy as much. You were such a brave little girl while Mommy was gone! Love you Lots - GramMarie

Jerri said...

What's Wrong Little Pookie is definitely one of our faves! She is the best. By the way, Zoe plays with her Sandra Boynton bathtime book all the time and uses the wash cloth that goes with it to wash all the little animals in the book! So cute. I love Annabelle's new taxi cab.

Unknown said...

Seeing those taxis makes me remember how Gramma Jo was so fascinated with all the cabs circling Columbus Circle when we brought her to NY when your Mommy was awarded her master's degree at Fordham. Gramma Jo took a lot of pictures that weekend, but almost all of them were of the taxi cabs! That trip was a riot. I know your Mommy learned a lot, even though it was so hard for her to be away from you. I am really happy that you and Daddy did so many fun things while you were missing Mommy. That made the time go faster for her and for both of you, didn't it? What an exciting life you are all having together! (grammy kati..writing from grampa Ron's page)