Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bambi's Friends

Check this out - as we rode around the little Adirondack towns of Old Forge, Inlet, Big Moose, and more, we found lots of deer wandering around in the woods right near the road. When we pulled over to the side, we could get them to walk right up to the truck! "Here, Deer, here Deer," and here they come!

This deer is across the road from us, and Mommy did not zoom in to take this picture.


BUT WAIT! It gets even better! The next day we took one last drive around before we began the trip home, and we found another deer who came even closer to the truck. Check this out!

Here's Daddy reaching his arm out the window to pet the deer!

Mommy couldn't see the deer very well from the other side of the truck, so she decided to get out and feed the skinny little doe some of my animal crackers for a snack!

Today I looked through the books on my shelf and found my Bambi board book. I made Daddy read it to me three times before bed!

3 comments:

Jerri said...

Those deer are SO CUTE! I can't believe how close they let you get to them. That is so neat. And it is making me crave animal crackers, for sure. Yummy! Love you! Glad you had such a fun vacation.

Unknown said...

How nice that you shared your animal crackers with the sweet little deer. Wasn't she skinny? I think she was VERY HUNGRY and Mommy looked so cute feeding her. Daddy got to pet her too. Maybe next time you can do that! Won't it be fun? Love you lots-Gram Marie

Ellen Monroe said...

I can't believe that you got so close to feed the deer! That looks so fun! Sometime you will have to go to Marine Land and everyone can feed deer!